MasterCard Systems Administrator in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Our Systems Administrators work on a collaborative, agile team environment to support Mastercard/APT’s global data centers, providing scalable, secure, and stable infrastructure for both our employees and our customers. You will be joining a team whose goals include developing a cloud agnostic deployment model, migrating production data centers, and embracing hybrid deployments. In this role, you will be given the ownership and resources to solve challenging technical problems. Our Systems Administrators have the opportunity to build a long-term and exciting career in a dynamic technology oriented and rapidly growing organization.
Join a fast growing team.
The position is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, backup and support of our Microsoft Windows environment.
Specific responsibilities would include:
• Procuring, installing, managing, and monitoring physical and virtual infrastructure in both local and remote geographies
• Deploying and monitoring Microsoft SQL servers and databases – rapidly and effectively diagnosing outages or performance problems
• Automating commonly performed tasks, using scripting languages such Powershell and automation tools such as ActiveBatch
• Work with internal engineering and client services teams to provision, provide access, and troubleshoot various testing and production resources
• Testing and deploying new software/equipment for the company
• Manage backup and recovery operations for multiple datacenters across geography, backing up over 1.5 petabytes of data weekly
• Documenting commonly encountered issues and creating documentation on newly implemented systems on various Atlassian products
• Participate in on call rotations, responding to afterhours incidents in a timely manner
All About You
• Experience managing Windows server and SQL servers at scale
• Strong desire to automate common tasks
• Ability to solve complex problems independently and in a team setting
• Prior experience using industry standard automation/scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, SQL, Python)
• Prior experience managing cloud technology such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud is strongly preferred
• Ability to juggle competing tasks and prioritize
• Proven ability to communicate with team members effectively
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
• Experience working in an agile team environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-75195