MAHLE Behr Troy Inc. Software/Controls Engineer in Amherst, New York
Go further, faster and be #StrongerTogether! We are more successful together. This is why you have the opportunity to become a star in our team.
Our passion makes us a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. Our product portfolio addresses all crucial issues related to powertrain and air conditioning technology - both for e-mobility and vehicles with combustion engines. Today, more than 77,000 employees work on innovative products throughout 160 production locations and 16 major development centers. Our goal is to shape the mobility of tomorrow - let's be #StrongerTogether. Join our team MAHLE.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- The Software/Controls Engineer primary focus will be the development of real-time Control System Software and Automated Test Equipment Software used to develop and certify Automotive components.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop/modify LabVIEW applications for Testing of automotive components
- Design control solutions integrating industrial process controls , signal conditioners and NI hardware with LabVIEW applications
- Design Data Acquisition solutions with LabVIEW and other applications
- Troubleshoot problems with test system control/accuracy
- Interact with engineering customers to understand and realize new work
- Project Management: Execution and Support
- Control of all laboratory software
- Write test and calibration procedures for new or modified test systems
Your Skills & Strengths
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science - Required; Master's Degree is Preferred
- No Immigration Sponsorship Offered For This Position
- 5 or more years of Engineering experience with Automated Test Systems - Required; 8-10 years of experience is Preferred
- 3 or more years of LabVIEW experience - Required
- Strong PLC Programming (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Rockwell RSLogix) Programming experience - Required
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Process Controls - Required
- Wide scope of Instrumentation including: Pressure, Temperature and/or Flow Devices - Required
- National Instrumentation Hardware platforms - (FieldPoint, Compact RIO) is Required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Calibration principles - Required
- Strong knowledge of Electrical principles - Required
- Controlling and Communicating Electronic Test Equipment with PC and PLC Interfaces: RS232, Ethernet, USB and GPIB - Required
- Experience with PC-based Architecture and basic repair, upgrades - Required
- Refrigeration principles or knowledge - Highly Desired
- Knowledge of Noise and Vibration Principles - Desired
- WonderWare knowledge and experience - Desired
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.