Lowe's District Merchandising Service Manager in Amherst, New York
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a District Merchandising Service Manager, this means:
• Empowering the Merchandising Service team to execute projects consistently and provide an excellent customer experience.
• Encouraging associates to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, merchandising, and displays.
• Overseeing and forecasting potential operational or safety issues during project planning.
The District Merchandising Service Manager (DMSM) directs the execution strategy for Merchandising Service teams to promote a better shopping experience. This leader drives improvement and consistency in store product reset projects, sets merchandise maintenance priorities, and analyzes and resolves merchandising issues. The DMSM also manages related travel and budget expenses. To be successful, this leader must be able to collaborate effectively and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
The District Merchandising Service Manager is also responsible for supporting and leading Merchandising Service teams, both daytime and overnight travel teams in the district by providing guidance, mentoring, and coaching to District Quality Coordinator and Merchandising Service Manager.
Travel Requirements: This position travels daily between stores throughout the district to provide overall leadership around the execution of Merchandising service projects, resets and service.
What We're Looking For
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
• Requires morning, afternoon evening, and overnight availability any day of the week.
• Required to travel within assigned district.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years of experience in a fast-paced retail environment OR 2 years of Lowe's store experience.
• 2 years of supervisory experience including coaching/training team members.
• Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
• Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company requirements.
• Ability to travel between stores within district.
• Available to work overnight and weekends as required.
• 2 years of experience leading a distributed workforce (e.g., multiple units across stores).
• 2 years of product merchandising experience including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Outlook).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs