Centene Corporation Senior Site Reliability Engineer Remote in Albany, New York
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Responsible for building innovation in the areas of distributed system flow and resilience, and continuous feedback and delivery. Creating efficiency and cultural transformation through the curation of new systems and capabilities.
Leverage various technologies to improve feedback and delivery by deploying containerized systems and services in support of operational efficiencies, and work with teams to build self-supported, sustainable operational ecosystems.
Coordinate and assist teams in building competencies with infrastructure using object oriented programming and configuration management domain specific language.
Build platforms that teams can leverage to accelerate innovation in the areas of reliability, scalability and velocity.
Design and maintain software development and software operation toolchains.
Collaborate with infrastructure, operations and application support teams to adopt new approaches to their work as well as analyzing system performance and reliability, and making necessary recommendations.
Write code to automate processes that meets customer needs.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Experience with software engineering, enterprise operations support, object oriented programming, automation, consulting with internal customers, cloud based enterprise-grade cloud systems management and full stack engineering. Ability to quickly learn technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Nginx, HAProxy, Elasticsearch, MariaDB, GoLang and Python.
Additional Preferred Technical Experience:
• Experience troubleshooting in large scale enterprise networks
• Experience with working on virtualization technologies (Hyper-v, VMWare)
• Experience or familiarity with using observability platforms such as Dynatrace, Splunk, DataDog, Grafana, Elk
• Experience with data and no data solutions (RDBMS, No SQL(SQL Server, Hadoop, etc.))
What will you be doing day to day:
• Participate in an on-call rotation
• Participate in high severity, customer impacting issues
• Utilize your breadth of expertise as an SRE and engage with engineering teams struggling to maintain reliable and performant services
• Participate as an influential partner with the problem management team helping set priority and being a technical leader in post incident reviews
• Participate with IT and engineering teams to maintain a knowledge repository that will contain application technical mapping and previously identified issues and symptoms
• Partner with IT and engineering teams to identify gaps in observability, either missing telemetry or alerting
• Partner with the Reliability Architecture team on influencing the adoption of standards for items like proper health checks, application diagnostics, partner training opportunities, and additional diagnostic tooling
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Senior Site Reliability Engineer Remote
LOCATION: Various, New York
- Centene Corporation Jobs