Fairmont Bellperson - Full Time in Canada
Bellperson - Full TimeA smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bellperson with Fairmont Château Laurier, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada’s capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa’s very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Concierge Team, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide outstanding service to our internal and external guests
- Welcome every guest to Fairmont Château Laurier with professionalism and friendliness
- Provide guests with a superior first and last impression of the hotel
- Ensure safety of colleagues and guests by working safely
- Delivery of hotel luggage and amenities, keeping hotel lobby clean, providing luggage check service, directing guests and answering guest inquiries, tour luggage pick-up and delivery
- Assist the Lobby Concierge Team when required
- Other duties as required
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages
- Friendly personality and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Previous customer contact experience
- Proven guest excellence, good knowledge of local restaurants and attractions
- Extremely outgoing personality is required
*Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following: *
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
Frequent loading, pushing and pulling of luggage carts weighing up to 500 lbs
Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Frequent ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must already be legally entitled to work in Canada .
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility*:*Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality.We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disabilitythroughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 613-241-1425 x 3270 if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Ottawa-Fairmont Château Laurier
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 25.Aug.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: CLH01002