Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Logistics Specialist in Sacramento, California
Provides integrated logistics support (ILS) for aerial target systems. Interfaces with Program Management and key customers with respect to Depot Level Source of Repair, supply support, support equipment, test equipment, facilities, packaging, handling, storage, transportation, and contract data requirement list (CDRL) generation and delivery. Overall goal of the individual is to ensure the system is affordable (lowest life cycle cost), operable, supported, and sustained through proactive execution of assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports development / update of training plans for new/existing platforms.
- Supports development / update of Technical Manuals / Technical Orders for new/existing platforms.
- Provides recommendations to Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) activities to ensure Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) activities are properly incorporated.
- Supports implementation of approved ECP CLS activities.
- Supports implementation of initial subcontractor repair contracts as required.
- Supports CLS Time and Material CLINs (e.g., out-of-warranty repair) as required.
- Generates program related correspondence and briefing material.
- Supports CDRL development and submittal.
- Possesses a demonstrated working knowledge of computer-based tools in the development of ILS documentation. (i.e. GOLD and SLIC)
- Supports program reviews and meetings.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout CEi to ensure CEis ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Interacts with intra-organizational personnel concerning matters of significance to CEi.
- Travels to forward logistics locations to provide guidance and support.
- Travels to new customer locations to support training or fielding as required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Supports Contractor-Inventory Control Point (C-ICP), Contractor Supported Weapon System, and Department of Defense Air Logistics Center(s) item management functions.
Logistics Specialist II
In addition to the Logistics Specialist level I:
- Conducts supportability analysis to include development, analysis and review of Life Cycle Support documentation.
- Analyzes life-cycle maintenance and support requirements for all levels of maintenance.
- Reviews field support requirements, identifies shortfalls, and recommends solutions.
- Participates in provisioning analysis for development of initial spares and follow-on spares quantity recommendations for new/existing platforms.
- Develops performance metrics and support efforts involving one or more of the following disciplines: Maintenance Tasks, Provisioning, Technical Documentation and Supply Chain Management.
- Supports the Tyndall Logistics Support Representative at the Sacramento location.
- Provides on-site logistics support for the end-user (at Tyndall AFB).
Logistics Specialist III
In addition to Logistics Specialist level I and II duties:
- Provides recommendations to statements of work for CLS contracts. Participates in negotiations and implementation of CLS contracts.
- Provides recommendations to Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) activities to ensure CLS activities are properly incorporated to include cost estimates to implement.
- Conducts proposal preparation and negotiation with the Logistics manager.
- Serves as the Logistics team lead and may serve as the acting Logistics manager as required.
Other Job Functions
- The Logistics Specialist III may be responsible for managing a portion of program budget.
- Accurately charges time spent on jobs.
- Timely completion of all Kratos/CEi compliance training and any functional training identified by the Logistics Functional Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned to all levels
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: *
Level II/III – May serve as the warehouse manager or site logistics lead and train lower level Logistics Specialists.
Experience and Skills:
* E*DUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
All levels of Logistics Specialist:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Posses or able to obtain US Government security clearance.
- Possess or able to obtain US Passport/VISA.
Logistics Specialist II
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration, Manufacturing/Operations, Supply Chain Management or 4 - 9 years of directly related logistics experience.
- Experience/knowledge/understanding of the ILS planning elements.
- Demonstrated abilities to plan and prioritize work assignments.
- Superior organization and communication skills are critical.
- Ability to travel with short notice.
- Ability to function independently while meeting functional, organizational and operational goals and requirements.
Logistics Specialist III
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration, Manufacturing/Operations, Supply Chain Management, Masters Degree preferred, or 10+ years of related logistics experience.
- Knowledge of the marketplace and customer needs, objectives, and expectations.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance for the logistics team members while working on independent projects or in the absence of the Logistics Program Manager.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with Government problem reporting systems.
- Previous experience in DOD Logistics Support Elements.
- Logistics support tools and Excel/Access database experience.
- Equipment maintenance / repair process and procedures experience.
- Supply Chain and spare parts experience.
- MIL-PRF-49506, Logistics Management Information Specification knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (all levels):
- Office and/or manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Frequent light lifting with the ability to lift up to 25 pounds ocassionally
- Travel – domestic and international as required.
- May work extended hours or weekends.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-246618
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: June 19, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP