Lifetime Care RN, Hospice Liaison - Fulltime M-F Days in Rochester, New York
Summary: The Hospice Liaison Nurse is responsible for representing Lifetime Care Hospice and coordination of hospice services for patients within the hospital setting.
- Evaluates the eligibility, needs, and care resources for each patient referred to Lifetime Care for hospice services.
- Acts as a hospice resource and represents Lifetime Care hospice in the community and hospital setting.
- Participation in the development of the initial Care Plan, documentation and coordination of activities assuring availability of services prior to the admission to hospice.
- Provision of care to hospitalized hospice patients by assuming case management responsibilities, and providing support to patient, family, and hospital staff.
- Functions as a liaison to coordinate care for hospice patients admitted to hospital inpatient settings.
- Demonstrates expertise in symptom management and acts as consultant to medical staff for palliative care related issues.
- Bi-Weekly participation in Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional registered nursing, and a valid NYS RN license required.
Bachelors of Science in Nursing or one year of previous hospice experience preferred.
Interest in and demonstrated comfort and sensitivity in caring for persons with terminal illness, and their families.
Ability to be flexible and function in a variety of settings.
Desire to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary.
With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
Must have ability to travel.
Requisition Number: 17-0742
Post Date: 7/17/2017
Title: RN, Hospice Liaison - Fulltime M-F Days
Job Type: Full Time