Microsoft Corporation Senior UEFI / FW Development Engineer - CSI / Azure - Cloud Server Infrastructure in Redmond, Washington
The Azure Cloud Server Infrastructure development team (CSI) is seeking a talented FW development engineer with UEFI based BIOS/FW development experience. Candidate will be a member of the MSFT Azure CSI/UEFI FW team and will be responsible for design and development of UEFI FW solutions for MSFT Cloud Platforms. Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
The Senior BIOS/Firmware Developer candidate must have relevant industry experience in the development of UEFI firmware solutions. Candidate must demonstrate skills and experiences from early planning/concept architecture, platform bring-up, UEFI FW features development, board manufacturing support and field issues debug/servicing support.
• Bachelors degree required. MS desired.
• A minimum of 5-8+ years of experience in BIOS or UEFI FW or
embedded FW development
• 2+ years C/C++ design and coding skills
• Understanding of Firmware/Hardware interactions and PC/AT
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
field or equivalent experience
• Good understanding of UEFI FW specifications/concepts/driver
models (PEI, DXE, BDS)
• Hands-on experience in firmware development based on
Industry standards specifications like (PCIe, ACPI, OS boot
loaders, PXE boot, etc.)
• Ability to solve system level issues and usage of source level
debug tools like (ITP, Arium, etc.)
• Ability to read electrical board schematics, HS buses tuning
(DDR, PCIe, etc.)
• Knowledge Systems management and BIOS/UEFI FW
Interfaces to BMC, OS and other OOB entities.
• High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the
face of it
• Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
• Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple
disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.