Comcast Software Engineer, X1 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Digital Home team to provide a robust and intuitive customer experience through the TV (X1 platform).This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of Xfinity Home Security & Automation interactive products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other X1, mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers. You will be joining the growing and exciting world of Home Security and Automation. This will be a great opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in software and in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for existing X1 apps, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the product. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building applications using Java that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks.
- 3 years professional experience in creating applications that served large customer base
- Familiarity with common libraries and MVC architectural pattern
- Experience in using java multithreading techniques for building fluid front end user experiences
- Familiarity in media streaming technologies and protocols (WebRTC, RTSP, HLS etc.)
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to think critically and independent
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS :
- Experience in building X1/web applications using Java
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Gerrit)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Familiarity with wireless mesh networking (ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, etc.)
- Experience building/operating applications dependent on large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer