Citi IA-Third Parties Audit Director in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Audit
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17057945
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 2,000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and for a sub set of a product line/function entity ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
Citi partners with more than 17,500 suppliers across the world supporting approximately 22,000 business relationships spanning 100 countries. IA plays important roles in providing independent assurance that the oversight, governance, and risk management frameworks in place effectively manage supplier risks, and are designed and operating effectively.
The IA Third Parties Audit Director is responsible for an annual plan of 47,000 hours of TPM audit coverage. This time is currently allocated across core TPM audits (16,000 hours), Integrated audits (10,000 hours), validation (7,000 hours), COE support (6,000 hours), and governance and monitoring (8,000 hours).
• Contributes to strategic direction of Citi’s Internal Audit (IA) function in the establishment of risk based auditing and branch examinations, which include reporting methodologies, organizational design and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance. This is to be consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives.
• Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the organization as a whole.
• Directs audit activities supporting a sub set of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations. Responsible for providing valued and timely independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of a sub set of a product, function, or legal entity at a global or regional level.
• Responsible for the delivery of high quality, value-added multiple concurrent audits on time and to specification.
• Ensures the delivery of audit reports and (where appropriate) branch examinations, that are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise.
• Ensures timely delivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, and where determined appropriate issue validation on other remediation actions, including issues arising from the external auditors, consultants and other parties.
• Contributes towards the delivery of high impact reports of IA's contributions to executive management, regulators, and Citigroup and Citibank boards' sub-committees, developing trend analyses and thematic reporting.
• Manages multiple teams of professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Identifies internal talent and fill key position, attracts talent with required expertise to meet the risk profile of the business, builds deep bench strength and develops appropriate succession plans.
• Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of multiple disciplines (Audit, Risk, Compliance, and Training) and of different Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of high risk areas including Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management.
• Delivers learning and development programs and is a recognized leader in training and developing others.
• Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate management best practices across Internal Audit and Citigroup.
• Delivers cost effective and efficient management of audit teams and audit engagements.
• Effectively engages with senior TPM stakeholders, external auditors and regulators.
• Ensures IA meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of Citigroup's regulators.
• Works closely and collegially within IA and with line management and control functions to ensure efficient and effective provision of independent audit assurance.
• Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
• Takes responsibility and accountability of audit's coverage and reporting on common high risks areas such KYC, AML, Fraud, Technology, Sanctions, and Consent Order and other enforcement action compliance.
• Actively supports and drives the Internal Audit Transformation Program and IA’s and management’s efforts for Citi to have a “Strong” internal audit function and for Citi to have “Strong” control functions.
• Fully supports and endorses the Quality Assurance function of Internal Audit and promptly accepts and remediates deficiencies found by QA.
• Ensures the adoption of the appropriate portions of the Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the Internal Audit Charter for applicable legal entities.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts. Leverages Internal Audit's Centres of Excellence to improve audit processes and coverage.
Qualifications and Competencies
BA/BSor equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA, or similar)are a plus.
Advancedlevel experience in a related role with extensive experience in business,functional and people management, with proven abilities in takingresponsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high qualitydeliverables according to strict timetables.
Specific subject matterexpertise regarding Third Party Risk Management control disciplines and astrong business understanding of financial products, especially thoseassociated with the Consumer and/or ICG business.
Demonstratedexperience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit andassurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
Aself-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills,and a strong ability to engage a group ofaccomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a variety ofaudit matters while carefully balancing the independent requirements of the IAfunction.
Effective negotiation skills, aproactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength insustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate andeffective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic,charismatic and approachable style.
Strong interpersonal skills forinterfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and seniormanagement.
Strong leadership skills with aproven track record in managing teams and making a positive impact on theorganization.