Experian Content Writer (Remote Opportunity) in New York, New York
Job Description - Content Writer (Remote Opportunity) (171298)
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Content Writer (Remote Opportunity)-Job Number:171298
What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian Consumer Services is seeking a talented Content Writer . This role will report directly to the Editor in Chief and will be responsible for creating original content designed to educate and inform consumers.
The ideal candidates will have a passion for -- and proven experience -- educating and informing consumers about the issues that matter most to their financial well-being. Candidates must be able to identify issues that resonate with a mass market audience, write in an accessible yet sophisticated way, and not be satisfied to wait for news to arrive in your inbox. The ideal candidates will have strong traditional journalism skills as well as online and social media know-how. Multimedia experience a major plus.
This role is eligible for a remote work arrangement.
• Develop content for various Experian channels, including web-based and social media platforms.
• Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to generate the content for publication.
• Monitor news outlets and social media networks to identify content opportunities.
• Actively build an audience base and following.
• Support the Product team with other various responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university required.
• Minimum of two years of digital journalism experience with a focus on personal finance.
• Ability to break news and identify newsworthy events and sources.
• Strong writing, analytical and investigative interviewing skills.
• Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people, in person and online, and develop sources and an audience.
• Competitive, collaborative and curious personality preferred.
• Strong experience with social media and digital tools.
• Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience.
• Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately.
• Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
• Understanding imperatives of multiple platforms — mobile, social, multimedia.
Job:Marketing, Product & Communications
Primary Location:United States-New York-New York
Job Posting:08/16/2017, 4:00:04 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting and/or recruitment advertising and selection for hire. As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policy, Experian will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Experian is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where Experian applicants and employees are treated with respect and dignity. This policy is in accordance with State and Federal laws and reaffirms our company’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of Equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies.
Experian provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com or 714-830-5022. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Experian will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Experian.