Barclays Research Analyst - Software in New York City, New York
Barclays Overview *
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 135,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
Barclays Values and Diversity *
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of/Respect/,/Integrity/,/Service/,/Excellence/and/Stewardship/and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
EEO Statement *
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control Objective *
/ All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards /
Main duties and responsibilities *
· Analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the Software senior analyst.
· Build and maintain financial models and industry databases insuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports that are distributed to internal/external clients.
· Review business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior analyst.
· Responsible for writing and publishing research reports as well as communicating recommendations to sales, trading and clients.
· Assist in developing marketing materials for clients, meet with management teams of companies and attend industry conferences where appropriate.
Basic Qualifications *
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2 years of experience in a financial services institution or firm
· 2 years technology sell side research, investment banking or similar
· 2 years of experience demonstrating clear understanding of business modeling and financial statement analysis
· 2 years of experience with written communications
Preferred Qualifications *
· MBA or CFA (in progress is ok)
· Demonstrated knowledge of covered software companies
· Technology background
· Strong academic background
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Strong interest in the subject matter
· Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities
· Strong PC literacy or demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly
Title: Research Analyst - Software
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90124893