Terracon Environmental / Industrial Hygiene Technician I in New Orleans, Louisiana
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
General Responsibilities: Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field monitoring equipment. Primary responsibilities includes, assisting with asbestos and or lead surveys, abatement oversight and air monitoring projects and Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) site visits. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Assist in tabulating and preparing data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic tests as directed using well-defined procedures
- Assists in basic survey/ measurement data
- Assists higher level technicians on complex tasks.
- Mayassist in construction of groundwater monitoring wells or other soil and groundwater sampling projects
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training, valid TWIC card or other safety training
- Current LDEQ Asbestos Inspector, Contractor/Supervisor or LDEQ Lead Inspector, Risk Assessor, Supervisor and/or NIOSH 582 Equivalency training.
- Experience an other Industrial Hygiene related field services (ie mold sampling, personnel sampling, etc.)
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Auto req ID: 7899BR
Posting Title: Environmental / Industrial Hygiene Technician I
Location: New Orleans
Service Line: Environmental
No. of Positions: 1
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Education Required: High School
Experience Required: 1 Year or more
City State: New Orleans, LA