Northwell Health Specialist Implant / Instrument Inventory in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001F2D
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
The SPECIALIST, IMPLANT/ INSTRUMENT INVENTORY maintains centralized surgical implant and instrument inventory. Receives, processes, and distributes instrument inventory requirements to System sites.
Receives implants and spare surgical instrumentation from Health System sites. Evaluates condition, counts, and catalogs items in department inventory management system.
Facilitates preventative/corrective maintenance and code imprinting of instruments with repair vendors.
Enters and tracks all inventory activities in department inventory management system.
Ensures inventory is properly stored in appropriate warehouse locations.
Processes site inventory requests from spare inventory or new purchase requisitions.
Performs regular audits of implant and instrumentation inventory to ensure accuracy. Addresses and resolves discrepancies, as needed.
May provide site support through supervision of workflow activities (Instrumentation Process, Prep and Package Area, Sterilization Process and Quality Assurance), as required.
Participates in department quality control programs and in-service training, as required.
Performs related duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Sterile Processing Certification (CRCST or CSPDT), required.
• CIS (Certified Instrument Specialist) or CSIS (Certified Surgical Instrument Specialist) preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years related work experience, required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of operating room instrumentation, sterilization techniques and procedures, and related instrument tracking systems, required.