Caterpillar Inc. Supply Chain Performance Engineer - 170007GR in Mossville, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5151024 It takes hundreds of thousands of different types of goods to build the products that build a better world: some of those goods include Filters, Bearings, Hoses and Couplings, Fasteners, Seals, Track Assemblies, Ground Engaging Tools, and Pins. A good understanding of the future demand of these components, contrasted with our internal facilities and strategic supplier's ability to supply, is foundational to making good, timely, and strategic business decisions. Providing this framework for decision making is the responsibility of the Central Supply Planning team.
The Product Supply and Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Performance Engineer located in the Mossville, IL area. As a Supply Chain Performance Engineer in this role you will gain an understanding of demand forecasting for our component's first-fit and service-parts demand streams. You will work with our internal facilities and strategic purchased finished suppliers to insure correct capacity to align with our anticipated demand.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting S&OP's with European and Asian Facilities
- Implementing next generation S&OP Tool
- Coaching Facility contacts on how to use the S&OP tool
- Summarizing Agility and Gap information for Executive S&OP's
- Acting as an advisor or consultant to senior management.
- Creatively using Telematics and Leading Indicators to improve demand forecasting
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain related field)
- 2+ years of experience in global purchasing, material requirements, or supply chain/logistics
- Previous experience with Excel
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer focus
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Solid knowledge of supply chain planning, demand and orders, logistics and manufacturing
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid product knowledge - component and/or machine
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures, especially those with supplier impact
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
- SAP Experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.