FirstService Residential Operations- Overnight in Miami, Florida
Tentative Schedule: Full Time 40 hours: Saturday/Sunday 3pm-11pm Monday 11pm-7am Wednesday/hursday 12am-8am
This Job Description/Duties Summary is general in nature and may be changed, added to or reduced from time to time as needed. This position requires adaptability to different situations and the hours may change in the future.
The Operation's Manager is to assist the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Association. During the day shift, the Operations Manager oversees the status of deliveries, construction, moves and various other issues that need constant monitoring. During the evening shift the Operations Manager will ensure all contractors are off the property by 5 p.m. (checking all related common hallways for construction debris), retrieve packages from Receiving for residents, relieve the Front Desk Manager as needed, assist all Residents with issues that do not need the Property Manager's involvement, regularly walk the property checking all areas to ensure proper operation/safety and investigate/report any incidents that may occur during the course of the shift. The Operations Manager is responsible for notifying the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor whenever a mechanical malfunction or emergency situation occurs.
- All employees are required to check in with the Property Manager during the issuance of a Tropical Storm or Hurricane Watch or Warning.
- While on duty or on the property, all employees must be in full uniform and maintain the neat appearance of dress (this includes identification badges being displayed at all times).
- All employees must be courteous and respectful to their fellow employees, residents and guests.
- All employees must contact the Management Office if the will be tardy or absent.
- All employees must maintain their assigned areas in a neat and safe manner. All safety procedures must be maintained and adhered to. Any safety issues must be brought to the attention of the Property Manager immediately.
All employees must attend the mandatory bi-monthly staff meeting.
Supervise all moves, deliveries and check on the status of all unit owner construction, ensuring that everything proceeds smoothly according to the properties Regulations, reporting any damage to common areas immediately to the Property Manager.
- Assist the Receiving Department as needed in keeping all deliveries, moves and construction workers orderly and following with Regulations.
- Assist all Unit Owners, Residents and Guests in a courteous, helpful manner; referring all questions that cannot be handled to the Management Office for further assistance.
- Retrieve packages for the Residents from the Receiving Office after normal Receiving Hours or if the Receiving Clerk is busy assisting others. Proper procedures regarding the release of packages must be followed.
- Relieve the Receiving Clerk as needed.
- Relieve the Front Desk Manager as needed.
- Monitor the Valet Personnel, ensuring compliance with the Association's Guidelines for vehicular traffic in the garage and on the Valet ramp.
- At the beginning and end of each shift, check the Fire Alarm Panel, ensuring that it is fully operational. Report any troubles in writing to the Property Manager immediately.
- Assist the Property Manager and Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Respond to any mechanical, medical or police emergencies and assist as necessary.
- Report to the Property Manager any problems as soon as possible, recording all irregularities on an Incident Report.
- This position requires being properly relieved before the end of the shift. If the relieving Operations Manager or roving security officer (on 3rd shift) does not report to work on time, the on-duty Operations Manager must stay on duty until relief arrives.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Minimum of High School diploma. CPR Certification is desirable.
Must possess strong managerial background. Experience as a manager managing the Property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, resident retention and resident improvements is preferred. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Strong interpersonal skills. Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. Multiple language fluency preferred.
Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs; Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing. The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time. Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. On-call 24/7. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. Driving when necessary. Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled