Citi EMEA Head of Corporate and GSG KYC Documentation Group (KDG ) in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Job Function: Documentation and Information Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17057399
The job focuses primarily on ensuring timely and effective KYC record processing for the EMEA Corporate and GSG client populations
The KDG is in the Citi Institutional Clients Group Operations and Technology (ICG O&T) responsible for the preparation, development, due diligence and approval of the Citi Corporate and GSG KYC Records and associated documentation in partnership with the Business and Compliance.
The EMEA Corporate and GSG KDG head will manage 30 FTE; having responsibility for on time KYC record approval, high quality KYC records and adherence to all regulations (foreign and local)
Additionally, responsible for oversight of global KYC project execution across a variety of topics including but not limited to:
• Population Management (entity metrics, BAU, Remediation, Renewals, Data Quality, Risk Management)
• Liaison with Banking Industry Heads, FIU, Compliance KYC, Technology, and ICG Operations
• Infrastructure projects for CitiKYC (UAT and readiness) for changes to local instance of CitiKYC
• Quality – oversee regional quality function
• Project Management – oversee resources covering key projects tied to local operations, OCC Replan, training, readiness, requirements et cetera.
The candidate will be responsible for the day to day activities of the EMEA KYC Documentation Group for the ICG Corporate and GSG Banking. Ensuring that all operational activities performed to support the clients that are covered by the team are done in a timely and effective manner to the required levels of efficiency and quality.
Experience and skill sets within the following major areas are expected:
Operational Management & Oversight:
Experience leading large operational groups and a deep understanding of work allocation, load balancing, work effort, capacity assessment and inventory management.
Insight into key performance metrics to measure operational efficiencies e.g., throughput rates, service level agreements (SLAs), turnaround times
Ability to closely govern and ensure overall quality in the KYC completion and implement necessary metrics that can be used to measure and report quality for example, reject rates
Full understanding of KYC lifecycle to open new client relationships and renew existing clients.
The candidate will be responsible for leading an EMEA team. Providing oversight for their functions and playing a central role within the leadership team and representing EMEA Corp and GSG KDG team in all global forums with Business and Compliance partners
This role will closely coordinate and promote continuous improvement of procedures, processes and standards across the operation to achieve high levels of customer service, cost-effectiveness and maximum efficiency.
Continual interaction is required with global and regional seniors including but not limited to Global KYC Management, Corporate Banking, GSG Sales management, Compliance/AMLCOs, Internal Audit, Product groups within ICG
Financial Services and Regulatory Background Knowledge:
Previous experience in banking and finance and knowledge of AML policies and regulatory requirements is required. Experience of control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function will be an advantage.
• Manage KYC team leads in accordance with globally consistent EMEA Corporate and GSG KDG standards ensure maximum production is maintained at all times across the site
• Point of escalation for EMEA Corporate and GSG KDG and compliance for countries of responsibility
• Ongoing management reporting to senior management within ISG Operations
• Achieve operational goals set, and deliver against agreed targets in terms of quality and productivity.
• Develop, maintain and review workforce with capability to execute flawlessly
• Propose organizational and IT changes to improve efficiency
• Ensure knowledgeable staff and continuous development plans in place for team
• Manage people strategy initiatives throughout the region (e.g. development plans, talent management)
• Setting, monitoring and achieving operational goals for the organization in accordance with global objectives, and delivering against agreed targets in terms of quality, productivity for the region
• Ensure robust training program in place to ensure staff is well versed in policy and regulations.
• Partner closely with business partners to ensure items with business owners are escalated and executed against
• Oversight for the timely and accurate MIS reporting of processing / escalation metrics for department
• Assist with coordination of periodic quality testing as required (MCA, Peer reviews).
• Assist with the preparation for audits– both internal and external regulatory reviews.
• Ensure best practice and consistency of approach across EMEA Corporate and GSG KDG team in line with EMEA FIG KDG
• Implement globally consistent procedures to ensure best practice
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and qualifications:
• Extensive years of professional work experience, with a significant component of this within financial services
• Client management experience preferred;
• Experience working within AML, KYC
• Comprehensive knowledge of full KYC lifecycle
• Strong Knowledge of AML Policy
• Experience working in a global, dynamic environment;
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage deadlines
• Innovation and change management implementation
• Strong influencing and leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior planning & organizing skills
• Excellent workflow management skills / experience
• Virtual /remote management
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Applications ( Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint,)
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer