SC Department of Public Safety Business Operations Manager in Lexington County, South Carolina
SCOPE OF WORK In the role of the Business Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the compliant, safe, secure and efficient operations of the agency's facility and associated assets (e.g., mail/parcel services, facility access systems janitorial, emergency procedures, vehicle fleet, printing services). In addition, you will be responsible for the management of vendors and contracts, as well as the proposal process for new/renewal contracts and risk analysis to support the agency's operations (i.e. customer specification development to vendor payment and contract closeout). For your areas of responsibility, you will support the Procurement Director in the development and design of the agency's supply chain to enable the efficient and effective operations of the agency's programs. This will include design of business processes and enabling policies and procedures. You will make recommendations to the Procurement Director based upon operations best practices/standards. Additionally, you will consult with agency departments to provide troubleshooting solutions whenever there is a problem in business operations. To be successful in this role, you will have to bring a collaborative and solution-based mindset to each encounter with your Procurement department team members and internal agency customers.
- Meet with internal agency customers to ensure their needs are understood and to communicate updates on relevant procurements.rojects.
- Research and recommend to the Procurement Director, new and.r revised processes. Lead implementation of the new and/or revised procurement related process(es) as directed.
- Gather product and service information for better research and analysis of offerings in the market (e.g. suppliers, products, services).
- Ensure delivered products and services are of high quality and mitigate supplier disruptions.
- Maintain records of procured business solutions using the agency's electronic document management system.
- Ensure contracts are up to date and solicited in a timely manner.
- Manage supply orders from purchase order issuance through delivery.
- Develop process flows and enable standard operating procedures.
- Operates as facility manager and liaison with Property Management Company
- Responsible for emergency procedures Minimum and Additional Requirements: AGENCY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or related field of study and a minimum of three (3) years of progressive full time experience in operational support/reporting, procurement monitoring, contract administration, facilities management and/or related field.
*Candidates must specifically meet the Agency Minimum Requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret procurement practices/procedures
- Must have a valid SC driver's license and occasional overnight travel is required
- Detailed oriented and troubleshooting abilities
- Works well individually as well as in a team environment Required to be able to climb and balance on a ladder, bend, lift and squat, may be required to get under a desk. Must be able to manipulate small manual and power hand tools. Must be able to lift a full box of material from the floor to a shelf and back again. Must be able to push or pull a fully loaded wheeled cart.
Must be able to lift and carry files, books and reports weighing up to 30lbs. Must be able to perform filing, desk work and operate general office equipment. Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged or intermittent periods of time while sharing, gathering or presenting information to other staff members or external parties. Employee must be able to perform these tasks with or without reasonable accommodations. SC Housing is committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin or disability. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems
- Intermediate to expert level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel to manipulate and synthesize large volumes of data.
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial matters (e.g., budget management)
- Good knowledge of the use of project management tools (e.g., MS Project)
- Good knowledge of operations reporting and related tools (e.g., Business Objects, Excel) Additional Comments: WHO WE ARE SC Housing is working to create the housing opportunities of tomorrow. We are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. We are a state governmental agency but one unlike you've encountered before. We operate much more like a private sector business. We are a completely self-sustaining operation that offers rental and homeownership products and services and we face many of the same regulatory, market, and financial hurdles of private sector financial institutions. Our clear advantage to our employees is that we offer challenging, meaningful work but with an appropriate work-life, home-life balance as well as excellent state government benefits. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with a person who is energetic, brilliant, and talented. Intrigued? Apply now!
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Agency: State Housing Finance & Development Authority
Opening Date: Fri. 08/11/17
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 08/28/17 5:00 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: $39,960.00 - $73,935.00 annually
Agency Hiring Range: Min: $50,000.00 Max:$55,000.00
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)