Comcast Engineer 1, Video Engineering in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the testing of the Company's internet protocol network and transport infrastructure to meet the requirements of the Converged Regional Area Network (CRAN). Plays an important role in the testing and certifying of new hardware, configurations, and services prior to deployment to the Company Network.
- Provides technical advice and support for real time analysis, control, and operation of the Converged Regional Area Network and Commercial network devices.
- Executes existing test plans.
- Interfaces with Network Engineering to maintain the integrity of the test bed area.
- Tests and certifies configuration, hardware and new features prior to deployment to the Converged Regional Area Network and Converged Commercial Network.
- Provides technical Tier 5 support for network problems and simulation of network issues.
- Works to ensure that all systems and bug fixes are complete in new releases.
- Works with vendors on new product releases.
- Maintains consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications.
- Keeps the appropriate people informed and aware of the status and progress of work activities and business issue.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience-Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer