Nike Assistant Store Manager-Edmonton in Edmonton, Alberta
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career with one of the coolest brands in the world?
We at NIKE Canada are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Assistant Store Manager for our Nike Store in South Edmonton Common Mall in Edmonton, AB.
Nike, Inc is one of the most recognized and leading brands in the world. We are the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Along the way, Nike has established a strong Brand Portfolio with several wholly-owned subsidiaries including CONVERSE, HURLEY, JORDAN BRAND and NIKE GOLF.Nike’s world headquarters is located in the United States near Beaverton, Oregon, a suburb of Portland.Nike operates all around the globe employing more than 44,000 people across six continents.
As our Assistant Store Manager, (internally called Assistant Head Coach)your mission is to assist the Store Manager (internal job title-Head Coach) in creating an environment that will provide a premium consumer and employee experience and implementing/executing programs to drive business results.
• Assist Head Coach by managing one or more of the store functions (sales, merchandising, operations, accounting, etc.) or by managing a particular floor/business in a store.
• Perform all store management functions in absence of Head Coach
• Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support staff
• Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
• Applies management skills to improve efficiency and accomplish operational objectives within own unit
• You'll be responsible for recruiting and hiring top talent to ensure a diverse and energetic work environment.
• Sets priorities for employees to meet daily deadlines; develops plans to meet short-term objectives
• Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, and programs.
• Prepare statistical and narrative reports of store activities
• May communicate with Visual team and/or oversee physical site maintenance.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years retail experience, or 5 years retail experience in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 3-5 years management experience, including experience in coaching, counseling and developing people
• Ability to lead a high level of customer service in a Brand Retailer
• Ability to recruit, lead, and manage a team
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Nike believes smart, passionate, curious people will rise to the occasion, therefore they set the bar high and then raise it higher. At Nike, you will grow because you will be challenged.
You will be challenged because you will work with the best talent, the best athletes, and the best business partners in the industry.
If this is you, then please apply online with your most recent resume and cover letter at your earliest opportunity. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in advance. (No Agency Calls Please)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.