Victaulic Company Fabrication Materials Coordinator in Easton, Pennsylvania
Fabrication Materials Coordinator (Job Number: 17000066)
The Fabrication Materials Coordinator uses experience, resources, analytical and quantitative methods to develop, implement, and improve our fabrication processes. They are responsible for ensuring all required plans, processes, data, and inventory is developed in support of all fabrication efforts.
- Purchasing (under direction of Commodity Manager and/or Regional Commodity Manager)
- Managing delivery schedules for all items and all fab projects including catalog items
- Supplier performance measurement
- Inventory management
This position will work with suppliers, sales, CPS, customer care and our branches to achieve sufficient inventory levels for assigned products to support on-time delivery of all fabrication projects and catalog items.
- Support fabrication initiatives by working closely with CPS, Sales, Customer Care on a daily basis ensuring that Supply Chain timelines and requirements are met. Understand the forecast and help develop inventory and project plans. Assist with all system data set-up and documentation of all unique processes. Monitor inventory levels, deliveries, and Customer orders. Act as Liaison with applicable operations and purchasing personnel, helping to train and educate them on new suppliers, products, and processes. Ensure that metrics are in-place and product obsolescence is managed and addressed with each new product launch.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new supply chain processes related to fabrication. This includes the introduction of new manufacturing facilities, suppliers, or distribution locations to the existing supply chain. Work cross-functionally to ensure that all business processes are addressed as well as Supply Chain concerns. Coordinate resolution of discrepancies and to ensure projects deliver within time requirements. Exercise Project Management skills including communicated timelines, goals and objectives, team meetings and report-outs, metrics, documentation, and follow-up.
- Provide Materials support for all fabrication projects, business opportunities, quotes, and proposals. Evaluate and ensure accuracy of all input data, and the validity of the analyses completed and conclusions drawn. Summarize data and organize recommendations in a clear, professional format. Ensure that system data, processes developed, and material replenishment plans support the objectives.
- Participate in the ongoing improvement and enhancement of existing supply chain processes. Participate in benchmarking and identifying best-practices globally. Assist in documentation of standard work and training.
- Train users on all new processes & tools. Develop and distribute all documentation necessary for these processes, including SQL’s, macros, worksheets, training material, and written procedures. Maintain current information as improvements are made.
- Compile periodic status and performance reports, including metrics, issues, and timeline updates, and distribute them to stakeholders, for all prefabrication projects. Ensure data accuracy, and manage timely and appropriate distribution. Work with the recipients of these documents regularly to continually improve and enhance their utility.
- Demonstrate measurable improvements to On-time delivery and Inventory turns through contributions to process improvements and development of improved tools and techniques.
- Assist with other Global Supply Chain Team members’ responsibilities during absences.
- Complete or coordinate other related projects and analyses as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Personal Attributes):
- Minimum B.S/B.A. degree required.
- 5 years experience in Scheduling, Purchasing, or Inventory Management required.
- APICS CPIM Certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of materials planning computer systems required (BPCS or M3 preferred).
- Must be responsible, reliable, and self-motivated. Drive to improve all processes and performance is essential.
- Strong Project Management skills; with relentless pursuit to achieve set goals
- Demonstrated ability in Process Improvement, metric development, and problem-solving is required.
- Strong analytical problem solving ability required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required with attention to details critical.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management required.
- Occasional evening or weekend communication with overseas suppliers and team members required.
- Travel up to 20%.
Primary Location: US-PA-Easton