Caterpillar Inc. Security Investigator II - 170007PL in East Peoria, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5151023 This position is recognized within Caterpillar as an expert in a specific aspect of the security investigative field including but not limited to Insider Threat, Trade Secret Protection, Network Forensics, Computer Forensics, Due Diligence, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Financial Frauds, Internal Security related matters such as Theft, Heavy Equipment Theft, Product Diversion, Brand Protection/ Counterfeit, Espionage, and Sabotage.
Assignments are self-initiated or derived from select assignments as set forth by Global Security Management, Corporate Counsel or Corporate HR.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results utilizing intelligence driven investigative methodology, analysis, and/or remediation alternatives, while interacting with HR, the business unit, members of the public and/or outside counsel. Work is checked through consultation and formal review.
- Maintains the analytical and technical aspects of security investigative processes and systems.
- Exercises investigative discretion within defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion to produce results.
- Investigative latitude is governed under the program as set forth by the Chief Security Officer.
- Consults regularly with regional offices and legal counsel.
- Anticipates and proposes solutions to business and security challenges determining projects and suggesting modifications as appropriate to investigative standards and protocols.
- Conducts assessments to ensure investigative compliance with corporate policies and adherence to industry best practices.
- Oversees planning of and conducts extremely sensitive and complex investigations with briefs to senior management on status.
This position requires a minimal amount of travel; up to 20% of work time.
- Master's degree and more than 7 years' experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public service or private sector security organization or Bachelor's degree and more than 12 years' experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security organization.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Extensive experience in conducting interviews and leading multiple complex investigations with exposure to the criminal judicial system.
- Experience testifying in a court of law
- Participation in developing, implementing, and/or managing large-scale, high profile corporate investigative programs.
- Demonstrate experience and exposure to extensive international investigations.
- General company knowledge of business operations.
- Must be capable of passing a National Security Background Investigation to enable the issuance of a security clearance under the United States National Security Act.-
- (CFE) Certified Fraud Examiner, CISSP (Certified Information Security Services Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), ASIS Board-Certified Protection Professional or other industry accreditation
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.