Celgene Senior Medical Advisor / Associate Director Multiple Sclerosis in Bavaria, Germany
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
MD, DO, PhD.
Extensive experience in academic medicine and pharmaceutical / biotech industry (clinical research and/or medical affairs) and in indication of Multiple Sclerosis.
The Sr Medical Advisor Multiple Sclerosis/ Associate Director Medical Affairs will provide medical/scientific strategic and operational expertise and leadership into the planning and execution of the medical activities in the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) space. He/she provides country specific medical input into the long term vision for the therapeutic area while ensuring that patients receive appropriate care and can achieve the best possible long term health outcomes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provides expert opinion on the current trends in the pathophysiology, diagnosis, existing and emerging treatment options as well as unmet medical needs in the therapeutic area to inform key medical and business decisions.
Works cross-functionally with local brand team members (marketing, market access, public affairs etc.) to develop and maintain sustainable value propositions for the MS assets, with patients at the center.
Collaborates closely with the regional and global TA team (incl. TA lead, publications, med.info. etc) to provide expertise into the phase 3b/4 development programs and lifecycle management activities for Celgene compounds within therapeutic area as well as business development opportunities.
Ensures local adaptation of global and regional medical affairs strategies.
Provides local Input to TA specific global medical affairs plans.
Develop affiliate medical affairs plans.
Conceptualizes relevant data generation projects/studies.
Lead IIT alignment and preparation for internal review.
Overall responsible for medical training at affiliate level (I/I medical leads & MS RMLs).
Develops and maintains a network of external experts (KOLs) and corresponding engagement plans (at local level).
Lead local external medical education activities to support the brand (symposia, workshops etc).
Chairs local advisory board meetings.
Develops a proactive approach to gathering TA scientific and market insights allowing anticipation of issues and opportunities.
• Strong identification with Celgene’s values.
• M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree with work experience in the area of Multiple Sclerosis
• Extensive and progressive experience in the therapeutic area, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or similar academic institution.
• Existing network of German KOLs in Multiple Sclerosis. Existing network of European KOLs is a plus.
• Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Superior interpersonal and organizational skills with high emotional intelligence. Excellent listener; inclusive, seeks broad input and feedback; frequent and effective feedback/follow-up.
• Ability to effectively interact with teams of peers and to work closely with both external physicians/scientists and numerous in-house support groups.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments.
• Must be able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for self and the franchise that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders.
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity, represent the company’s high ethics, moral behavior, and professionalism.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility while being commercially supportive, and to communicate scientific results and effectively respond to data queries from customers and/or consultants.
• High proficiency in problem solving ability and strong scientific analytical skills.
• Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through clinical experience and clinical research studies.
• Good understanding of local reimbursement and HTA process.
• Experience working in an international environment and comfortable being remotely managed.
• Fluent in English a must.
Senior Medical Advisor / Associate Director Multiple Sclerosis
Location: Bavaria, Bavaria, DE
Job ID: 17000918