Continental Corporation ECU Electrical Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID 64589BR
Job Title ECU Electrical Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
Position Overview: 64598BR Electrical Engineer or Senior EE
Electrical Engineer is a key team member responsible to support the development of Engine Control Units (ECUs).
• Drives and guides architectural and design decisions.
• Generates new ideas and intellectual property.
• Responsible for solving urgent and complex problems and evaluating alternatives.
• Translates customer requirements into design solutions.
• Defines and implements best practices.
• Advice and technical opinion solicited by program, customer, and/or member of own or other departments.
• Completes project goals and monitors status within the framework of overall program goals.
• Evaluates high payoff opportunities within technical specialty.
• Outstanding knowledge and understanding of electrical circuit theory (RC, RL, RCL circuits, Diodes, OpAmps, BJT’s and MOSFETs)
• Hands on experience in lab test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, wave form generator, multimeter, etc.
• Hardware development knowledge preferably on Analog
• Knowledge on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing methodologies
• Product Development Process knowledge: Requirements traceability, Design, Simulation, Unit Tests, Validation, and Warranty Returns Analysis.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or related technical equivalent
• Minimum of 0 to 3+ years engineering experience
• Must be able to multitask and perform a broad set of task from the essential function list (Task flexibility is key)
• Highly motivated Engineer
• Team player
• Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
• 5+ years experience in automotive electrical engineering
• Experience with analog circuit design
• Experienced working in test lab
• Experienced with validation support
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.